Arthurlie Street

Name: Arthurlie Street
Original Name: Stanley Street (E)
Date Renamed: 1926
Date of Origin: c1894
Area:  Teucharhill
Length:   Approx 90m (1935-c1998)
Street No(s):  48, 52, 57, 59, 63, 64 & 65
Postcode(s):  G51 3RE, G51 3RG
Grid Ref:      NS 54765 65038
1st Edition O.S. 2nd Edition O.S. 3rd Edition O.S. 4th Edition O.S.Google MapGoogle Streetview Information
Click icons above to view old O.S. and Google maps of area
Arthurlie Street
Teucharhill (1947)
Click image above to view slideshow

More Information:

Named after Arthurlie in Renfrewshire. Was originally the eastern end of Stanley Street.

The end of Stanley Street running eastward from Craigton Road was built on Langlands Park c1894, the park was home to senior football team Linthouse F.C. until they moved to their new ground at Govandale Park in 1894.

The eastern end of Stanley Street was renamed Arthurlie Street in 1926 and was originally only 35m in length and was built to provide access to rear of terraced housing on Craigton Road. In 1935 it was extended eastward to meet Aboyne Street when the Teucharhill housing scheme was built that year.

The street contained 3 work yards (1920s-present) , 1 block of inter-war cottage flats (1935-present) and 13 closes of inter-war three-storey tenements (1935-1990s). The tenements were at the eastern most end of the street and were replaced by Rowan Business Park.

Map is loading......